NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Friday, March 17, 2006

St. Patrick's Day

So it's 1015pm on the day everyone's Irish, and I'm sitting at home watchin the tourney. Why, you ask? Well, I worked till 8pm tonite, actually leaving work earlier than usual on a Friday nite. Then again, I'm not a huge St. Patty's fan.

The fact my birthday is a week away may contribute to the fact I've never gotten pumped for this pseudo-holiday. The fact I'm not Irish may also have something to do w/ it. This year had the potential to be the best St. Patrick's Day ever. Instead, it's just another Friday nite pounding beers before (possibly) hittin the bars. This is nowhere near my worst March 17, however. That title goes to St. Patrick's Day 2003.

While in AmeriCorps, I began dating a girl several months earlier. Still in the early phase of the relationship, where you only show your good side, we went to the Ameri-bar w/ all the other Corps Members (as usual). I showed up later than she, but when I arrived, I found her out back smoking w/ my buddy Charlie. No, I wasn't upset she was outside w/ my buddy. I was upset she was smoking. Most of my life, I've been extremely anti-smoking. I think it's disgusting, which is why I refuse to date someone who smokes. This may sound ridiculous, but what if I fall in love w/ her? I don't wanna be around a smoker all my life. Does this make sense?

Anyway, I apparently got upset she was smoking, esp. since I knew she'd been a smoker before AmeriCorps. Again, this is not something I do on purpose, it's just something that throws me into a tizzy. And after 25+ years, I've finally found a way to use "tizzy" in a sentence. To make a short story long, my sour mood eventually put her in a sour mood, and by the time I realized I was being an idiot, she was in a bad mood, and the night was chock full o' drama. We obviously made nice the next day (or maybe that nite, I don't remember), but it was def. a very stressful nite.

To make matters worse, we all witnessed two unattractive girls making out on the pool table that nite. And that, my friends, is a brief summation of AmeriCorps, the best year of my life.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger Balto17 said...

Kudos to you, man. I, too, would not date a smoker. That's a deal-breaker.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous BBQBARR said...

Mazda, it was not me that she was smoking with, it was her friend on the team. Also those ladies, I use the term loosely, made out by a pool table, not on it, but they did do it in front of two perpendicular mirrors, so that the make-out could be seen everywhere you looked, nasty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home