NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

E-Memory (Part Two)

Although the emails from my Ameri-girlfriend are much shorter, they’re also more entertaining. Reading through them this morning reminded me how much I loved her and all her quirks. And for those who know me, perhaps the excerpts below will help explain why I never really recovered from that relationship. Instead, I changed, adapted, grew legs and walked out of the ocean and onto dry land. Or maybe I’ve devolved and returned to the sea. Either way, below is an email she sent a month before we broke up, living in Pittsburgh while I treaded water in NH.

dinner was fine and it was just like college again as me and prithi watched two hours of mtv after dinner very close together. we had this huge couch in our apartment that fit four or five people and katie or kerry would come home and always ask prith and i what we were doing bc wed always be on one cushion together intently watching somethign stupid. also she reminded me of the day i spent roller skating around the house. the interesting part is that i video taped this. i had routines and i made everyone in my house watch it. it had no sound though. just he noise of me banging the skate against the floor at the end if each lap. i think this house is killing me i think i had a fever yesterday as i kept feeling very hot even though all the windows were open. i shall check my temperature today. prithi was pissed i brought no photo of you with me. and she was unsatisfied with my description of you. long carrot head.

Reading these emails helps me remember the little pleasures of my life, aspects that would have otherwise washed away after yet another night of closing down the bars. These e-memories provide insight to that other world in which I once lived, the world of love, companionship, familiar kisses and a familiar face each morning. I doubt I’ll live in this ocean forever, but for now, it’s become quite comfortable. These emails, however, serve as a lifeboat back to who I once was. I’m sure I’ll climb in someday and paddle back to land. Maybe my legs will have returned by then.

1 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Gregg M. Schmidt said...

The Boston Red Sox traded right-handed pitcher Bronson Arroyo to the Cincinnati Reds for outfielder Wily Mo Pena on Monday.

HaHa. Dumb trade for Boston.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home