NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Return of the Rock

In case anyone is wondering, us engaged kids spent out night at a recently opened restaurant on U Street called Crème. Let me assure you, this place rises to the top of my list for that area and all of DC!
Though the building is small, the tastes are big and the service is personable. A down-home, southern selection of shrimp and grits, chicken and rice, andouille sausage and as much bread as you can possibly dip in a variety of sauces that accompany these selections. If you like Georgia Brown’s southern flair but yearn for a more authentic, gritty, spicy taste, go to Crème.
So there is my plug for a new U street Gem.
And here is my plug for love- don’t be so cynical. Everyone falls in love, sometimes it hurts. Sometimes it sucks. Sometimes its great and then life falls apart. But you get back up and you get back out there, and you either learn to love someone else or love yourself even more, or both. And whatever you do, is just fine. But it doesn’t mean what other people are doing is wrong.
After reading about Helga and Mulva (rhymes with Vulva) and the rest, I pose this question to you, J-Mazz, and our loyal readers- why girls with boyfriends? Is it an attempt to save the world or to save them? Is it a safeguard….falling for girls who are unavailable? Is it just an attempt to make our blog more humorous?

4 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger J-Mazz said...

It's not like I seek out girls in relationships. I just meet them, start talking to them, THEN find out they've got a b/f. I'm sure guys have experienced this, when a girl waits a few weeks before casually dropping "my boyfriend" into conversation. Thanks, ladies.

Oh, and I'm just fine not dating someone. It means more sleep, more money, and less to think about. Those are all good things. And it gives me time to find that elusive cure for cancer.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger T-Rock said...

Fyi, you can have money and sleep and plenty of time to think about plenty of things when you are in a relationship.....i dont think its fair to always try to figure out which one is "good" and which one is "bad". Or to justify being in love or not being in love. You cant give me some broad generalization about life and love and think it just applies all around.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Balto17 said...

I used to think like J-Mazz, too -- no significant other meant more money, sleep and time and less headaches -- but it's not until I got into a stable, caring, loving relationship that I realized all of that talk is nonsense. It's the rallying cry of the discontented single guy. I know it because I've joined the Single Guy Chorus, chanting in unison the benefits of not dating many times in the past. Sometimes I'd pick up right where I left off after a relationship ended, seemingly forgetting how great being a relationship can be. But, if J-Mazz does find a cure for cancer, than we'll all have to eat our words.

(I will, however, attest to what J-Mazz is saying about talking to girls who have boyfriends. Many of them -- at least those you meet in a bar -- do fail to mention the existence of a boyfriend until much later.)

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Balto17 said...

Oh, and T-Rock, there's actually a Southern-style restaurant called Crème? Does anyone else see that disconnect. People are eating grits at Crème, a word with an accent grave. I don't know. I thought it was humorous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home