NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Top-4 Christmas Movies

4) Scrooged -- Like Coming to America and Shawshank Redemption, this is one of those movies I always watch if I catch it on TBS/TNT/USA while flipping channels. Aside from Sean William Scott (Stifler), Bill Murray is my favorite actor. I can really empathize w/ his sarcastic humor and damn-the-man attitude. On a side note: Is it just me, or are edited-for-TV movies better than the original versions? Nothing proves this more than the Samuel L. Jackson scene in Coming to America. The dubbed-over profanity is priceless.

3) Die Hard -- Yes, it's a Christmas movie. The conflict begins at an office Christmas party, not to mention the scene when John McClain dresses up one of the dead terrorists in a Santa costume and sends him up the elevator w/ a sign that reads "Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho." This movie gets bonus points for featuring Reggie Vel Johnson, aka Carl Winslow from Family Matters.

2) A Charlie Brown Christmas -- Something about Charlie Brown's depressing, failure-filled adventures really strikes a chord w/ me. I find myself always rooting for the bald child even though I know he won't succeed. Is this what it's like to be a Cubs fan?

1) It's a Wonderful Life -- There are certain characters in entertainment history I try to emulate. Ed Stevens, Jerry Seinfeld and Peter Chiara (Rudi's fat little friend) are just a few that come to mind. But before any of them were even born, George Bailey touched the lives of Americans in this cinematic classic. I always get a little misty-eyed during some scenes, such as George running through the streets yelling Merry Christmas to everyone and every landmark. I also get some sand in my eyes at the very end, after the entire town saves him from financial ruin and his brother raises a glass and says, "A toast to my big brother George: The richest man in town." What better message than toasting a wealth of friends? Keep that in mind as we approach the new year. "Remember, George: No man is a failure who has friends." -- Clarence

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Balto17 said...

How is Home Alone not on this list? It's a travesty. Your list holds no cultural or historical significance now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home