NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Mating

How's that for a heading? So anyway, I was looking through my wallet over the weekend (it rained a lot) and discovered a list I created my sophomore year of college. The topic? Characteristics of an ideal girlfriend/wife. Granted, those things have changed somewhat, but some still ring true. Here are 10 traits I now need in a woman. She must:

1. not be an only child
2. be physically active (the exercise kind, though the other kind is great, too)
3. not have a cat
4. be able to make me laugh, and not laugh at everything I say
5. appreciate poetry
6. be self-confident
7. enjoy live music (anything w/out actual instruments doesn't count)
8. take less than an hour to get ready to go out
9. genuinely like the taste of beer
10. be smart (I don't need an aeronautical engineer, but I don't want an airhead)

4 Comments:

At 1:21 AM, Blogger Balto17 said...

Hey peeps. Thankfully Justin e-mailed a shit load of people, of which I was one, because it meant I could visit this blog again. I had lost the URL. Now I can provide and receive more funnies for and from my bestest friends in the whole wide world.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Gregg M. Schmidt said...

good luck with #8

www.fieldlevel.blogspot.com

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger J-Mazz said...

Hey, I found my original list from sophomore year of college!

Turn-ons
1. Can make me laugh
2. Sponaneous/Adventurous
3. Confident

Turn-offs
1. Too dependant
2. Over-apologetic
3. Too emotional or sensitive

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous kristen said...

ok so this one amused me and i couldnt help but comment.
for the record...
1. check
2. depends upon the observer, i am a reg. excerciser, however the holidays def. got to me. also, i am cursed/blessed(depending upon the observer)with a booty, yeah i said it, booty.
3. i fail this one miserable. i have one kitty that is mine(maggie mae) and currently the love of my life and 2 others that are part of my family. so thats 3 cats- ouch.
4. i believe i'm capable of both
5. definitely
6. i am now. it's been a process.
7. i thrive off of it
8. 40minutes on the dot, shower and all, i can do it in 30min if im running late
9. come on now isn't that a given? preferably- bud light, sammy light, oktoberfest
10. i am confident that i have this one covered as well...


8 out of 10...not too shabby.

also, i couldnt find the acutal blog to go back and comment on it, but you posted questioning about how blind people dream. well, i happen to work with visually impaired and blind children and can answer that one for you. it def depends on whether they were born blind or became blind. those born blind have completely auditory dreams. those who became blind tend to see images from the past, they are blurry and usually outdated(for ex. you would always envision your mother at age 30 if it was the last time you physically saw her). some people's dreams form blurry images using colors or black/white contrasts.

keep writing. i def. enjoyed reading =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home