NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

In another life, maybe

I was thinking about spending a few hours alone tonight in front of the TV, and I blurted out that I could only hope and pray that I could find re-runs of “Blow Out”…possibly even a “Blow Out” marathon. (In case you have no idea what I’m talking about: http://www.bravotv.com/Blow_Out/)
And Greggster said to me, “Why didn’t you go to school to be a hairdresser? You’d love it.”
In fact, I would. Doing hair, doing other people’s hair, seeing a look and trying it, the feeling of accomplishing perfectly straight hair, none of it is lost on me. I LOVE doing hair. I love painting my nails, I love making myself look better and making other people feel good about themselves.
My answer to the Greggster: “Being a hair dresser has a negative stigma. It means you’re not smart. And I was always very concerned with being smart and having a really smart job, like being a research lawyer.”Coincidentally, I do neither research nor law. I picked communications, that trade off, in-between sort of field, where people aren’t known for being super smart, nor super dumb. It’s better than saying PR (Because I’m like, a people person!) and cooler than saying “I’m an actuary.”
My dirty pleasure, my secret life fantasy revolves around opening a salon, wearing hip clothes to work and making people feel comfortable, beautiful and fabulous. I could have my own product line like Jonathan and maybe even do hair for fashion week in New York.
In case you are wondering, here are my top 5 “Careers I kinda wish I could have”:
-Hair stylist/goddess
-Food critic
-Press Secretary for an extremely liberal association, dealing mainly with civil rights and all the stuff that pisses republicans off the most.
-Journalism teacher...or maybe even an art teacher...
-Purse Designer

2 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Gregg M. Schmidt said...

I think you'd be great at any of those jobs...your energy and enthusiasm would always be at a high level!

Maybe in our next life I'll be an All-Star catcher who wonders into a hair salon to get my hairs did right...and the rest would be history - or foreshadowing...or whatever

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger J-Mazz said...

You forgot to mention communications majors are known for being really really good looking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home