NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Most Blogs Like it on Top

It’s been quite some time since I’ve written. In case you’ve forgotten, I possess the Y-chromosome in this blogging duo. I could list a litany of excuses explaining my absence the past month or two, but I won’t. Instead, I’ll explain the delicate relationship between weblogs and people. Just like any relationship, things start off hot and heavy, usually doing it at least four times a week, sometimes more. I’ve been known to do it several times a day the first few weeks. Most folks are so excited about their new relationship, they tell their friends all about it. Some reveal subtle clues, while others divulge every detail. I emailed everyone I know when I started my first blog, East Office. You never forget your first blog.

But like all relationships, the novelty eventually washed away. Like all relationships, it ended. I’ve been with this blog since December, and have very few complaints. Sure, T-Rock mentions her engagement a bit too much. And the blog isn’t pulling in as many comments as it once did. But so what? No relationship is perfect. They all require a bit of work, patience and spontaneity. That’s why you needn’t be alarmed by my prolonged absences. I’m never far from No Sales Tax, even when I’m insanely busy with the first year of my YMCA career. All my colleagues say the first year is always the toughest. Kind of like marriage, eh T-Rock?

2 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Gregg M. Schmidt said...

it has been and always will be a GREAT blog...

Glad that you're back J-Mazz

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Emiole said...

So then I guess someone who is making the biggest move of her life thus far shouldn't use that as inspiration for writing... yeah, that makes sense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home