NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Yankees Fans

While watching Sunday nite's first Sox game of the year, against the Evil Empire, no less, I struggled to remember why I hate the Yankees and their fans so much. I mean, if it weren't for their ultimate choke job last year, people would still believe in curses.

Then in the third inning, just as I was thinking Kevin Millar was about to come up w/ a big hit, he did! Unfortunately, Hideki "I Need a Smaller Cap" Matsui leaped into the stands to steal the ball away from the next Jeffrey Maier, robbing a home run. I was OK, though, and admitted to myself it was a good play. Then, on the replay, I noticed a Yankees fan holding up both middle fingers after Matsui made the catch. Who does that? I'll tell ya who. Yankee fans (aka people who own a Mets hat and a Yankees hat, choosing to represent whichever team is better that year).

3 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Gregg M. Schmidt said...

I'm the biggest Yankee hater in the world...the last two years rooting for the Twins and then the Red Sox like I've been a fan since birth. I've rooted for tons of teams (Atlanta, San Diego, Cleveland, Baltimore, Seattle, Arizona, Anaheim...) over the last decade just to see them lose. But I can say as a DIE-HARD Mets fan - you won't see Mets fans that root for both the Mets and the Scanks...it just doesn't happen. We hate them.
Maybe there are Yankee fans out there that root for both (I've never met any of them) but not Mets fans. We love two teams - our beloved Mets and whoever is playing the Yankees.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger J-Mazz said...

All I know is while living in NY as a child, I'd always see people wearing Mets hats. It seemed everyone in the city was a Mets fan. Now, almost 20 years since the last Mets championship, it seems everyone in the city wears a Skankees hat. Maybe there are just a lot more fair-weather fans in NY than here in Boston. I digress.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Balto17 said...

All I know is that the Orioles roughed them up badly. I was at Saturday's game. There's nothing like looking into the face of a Yankees fan and saying, "You suck" with your eyes. And, of course, with your mouth. That helps, too.

O's start the whoopin' of the Bosox tonight, bitches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home