NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Not So Icy...

On Tuesday I got punked. It was the most wonderful of punks…The Greggster and the roomie pulled off an elaborate scheme that ended in front of the capital building with Gregg on one knee and me in heaven, breathing in and trying to remember every second of a moment that would become one of the sweetest memories in my lifetime.

So yes, I am one of the friends J-Mazz has that got engaged this week.

I met a man who lets me get plenty of sleep at night. Whether its in bed together or at my own apartment alone, the last words I hear every night are, “I love you”. Whether we have argued and made up or have spent weeks without bickering, I never go to bed upset or worried or pondering anything.

I met a man who lets me travel more often than I ever did without him. Since we have started dating we have been all over the US. We’ve seen baseball games in 4 states, laid on beaches and hiked up trails. We got back from California a few weeks ago, and leave for Arizona on May 15. I’ll be in Florida playing with his young cousins in June and on May 20, we will be in Rehoboth celebrating with friends. And New York is only right around the corner, too.

I met a man who has helped me balance my checkbook, pay off debt and plan for our future together. We work hard during the day to make money that we either save to buy a house or spend on experiences that bring us close together. That includes dinners, movies, concerts, trips and anything else I conjure up. He pays, I pay, who cares? When you are in a good relationship, the money is sometimes a means for the happiness you share together. And other times, like days you take walks or sit on the couch in sweatpants, money is the furthest thing from our minds.

Being in a relationship doesn’t have to be totally consuming, it can be a balanced part of your life (sounds like a cereal commercial, I know.) It can be the thing that helps you sleep, helps you write, helps you want to be a better person.

And there is nothing icy about it. Life is short and sweet and cyclical and can be wonderful if you let it. But that means trying things, taking risks, putting your heart out there and working hard towards things……not just by yourself. I’d rather have a rough day and have someone to massage my neck, then have an easy day and go home alone….especially if the massage is from the man I love…the only man I love…the man I’ll love for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home