NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Monday, April 11, 2005

I wanted to visit Inglewood

Excuse my absence, I have been, as the Greggster so refers to it, on the Left Coast.
Spent the past few going going, back back, to Cali, Cali…..and for the record, I am not cool enough to live there.
I think what fascinated me the most (besides the fact that I somehow managed to find the most HORRIBLE HOTEL IN THE STATE) is that the women of So Cal appear to be suffering from huge identity crises- they wear their jeans low, their rainbow flops loose, their straggly hair blows in the wind, their t-shirts are small and faded and their language reeks of “dudes” and “bro’s” and “awesomes”…Yet their jeans are designer, their flops cost 40 bucks, their hair is highlighted, and their t-shirts were certainly not obtained from the Goodwill. This is rich trying to look poor, but not dirty, while pulling off casual and dressy at the same time. It’s beach bum meets punk meets glam meets the spice girls.
Simply put, it gives me a headache. And I’m just not cool enough.
I would like to steal some of their weather, though.
I did not see the governor…Or govana…. But if I did, I would have asked him to say the word gubernatorial.

3 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger J-Mazz said...

I cannot stand SoCal. Then again, Northern California is one of my favorite states. Wyoming is my least favorite, w/ Florida a close second. Just in case anyone was wondering.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Thank you J-Mazz for realizing that Northern and Southern California are, in fact, different states. And for knowing that Norcal is better :)

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Balto17 said...

Dr. Dre says:

Straight off the fuckin streets of C-P-T
King of the beats you ride to em in your Fleet (Fleetwood)
or Coupe DeVille rollin on dubs
How you feelin whoopty-whoop nigga what?
Dre and Snoop chronic'ed out in the 'llac
with Doc in the back, sippin on 'gnac (yeah)
Clip in the strap, dippin through hoods (what hoods?)
Compton, Long Beach, Inglewood!
South Central out to the Westside (wessyde)
It's California Love, this California bud got a nigga gang of pub
I'm on one, I might bail up in the Century Club
with my jeans on, and my team strong
Get my drink on, and my smoke on
Then go home with, somethin to poke on (whassup bitch?)
Loc it's on for the two-triple-oh
Comin real, it's the next episode ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home