NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Today at the Y

Played ball w/ one of Len Bias' former teammates today. He was even wearing Maryland shorts. Another guy told me he was supposedly in the room w/ Bias the nite he died. I didn't bring it up, though.

After getting poked in the eye twice today, I'm contemplating the purchase of basketball goggles. I already look really cool wearing my mouthguard every time I play. Then again, once you get your teeth knocked in, you don't really mind what you look like as long as your teeth are safe. An hour after getting poked a second time, my right eye is still a bit blurry and I'm experiencing a bit of pain in the top of my eyeball. Whoever says basketball is not a physical sport should try playing down low for a game. Maybe my eye injury will allow me to leave work early today. Then again, maybe not.

Today's strange locker room incident occurred in the shower. Keep reading, it's nothing graphic. While showering in my stall, I noticed the guy next to me had his hand on top of the wall separating our stalls. Since I'm tall, I can see over all the stalls, and noticed his other hand gripping his stall's other wall. His thumbs were facing away from the showerhead, which made me wonder if he was giving himself a quick enema. I'll end w/ that.

4 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Gregg M. Schmidt said...

Basketball is a very physical sport and you always take on a lot of contact. I need to start playing more often...but it's kind of depressing playing now and trying to do things that I once did very well.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger J-Mazz said...

Well, you can do nothing and wait till your skills completely deteriorate. Or you can take action and start playing. It's amazing what a few months of playing can do for you. I'm probably better now than I've ever been before. Of course, playing w/ D-1 players also helps.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Gregg M. Schmidt said...

I'm way past my prime...about 4 or 5 years past. I wish I could be 20 pounds lighter and hitting 69 three pointers as a senior in high school again...ah, the good old days.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger J-Mazz said...

There's no way yer past yer prime. For every twentysomething at the Y, there's a guy old enough to be my grandfather. I know it's tough gettin back in the game, whether we're talkin hoops or "the game," but it's def. worth it. There're tons of leagues goin on in the city and its suburbs. Ya just need to do a lil research (or join the Y).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home