NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

What else is New Years for???

Sometimes I make New Years resolutions like, “Lose 25 pounds” or, “Fight for world peace”. Over the past year, I have felt the urge to pee…..just kidding…..i have felt the urge to create more physical tangible things….I got a sewing machine for my birthday. It sits on my kitchen table and every time I look at it, I want to make something. I’ve tried so many different kinds of “art” (in quotes because everyone’s definition of art is different….and some are scaaaaary) but I have some sort of weird fascination with fabric, beads and sequins. When you shop, do you want to touch all the fabrics? I do. I think this year I’ve learned a lot about what I enjoy doing, what I want to try and what will fulfill me on a intellectual and creative level…thus…..the resolutions!!!!! (drum roll)

1. Concentrate on sewing items from patterns more precisely
2. Buy a sketch book, start drawing and writing down my ideas for design. Take pictures of design that inspires me. Incorporate these things into an organized book
3. Read a book about textiles.
4. Design, make a pattern for, and sew together an original handbag
5. Incorporate sequins and beads into design
6. Create enough original products to have a table at Eastern Market one Saturday next fall.
7. Find a church
8. Try surfing
9. Visit my sister at college
10. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week (earth shattering, I know)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home