NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Monday, December 27, 2004

Being Home

Well, after a long day/nite of travel, I made it home Thursday morning just in time for my scheduled haircut (the long blond locks are gone). I've visited the local bars every nite since, excluding Christmas Eve. I decided to attend church instead for some reason, prolly cuz the bars were all closed. And yes, the congregation did sing "O Come, All Ye Faithful." Awesome.

So after a relaxing Christmas Day w/ my family and our next-door neighbors (I kicked ass in Taboo), I drove over to my friend Steve's apt. to meet up w/ him and our friend Sol. We watched the Patriots 2001 Super Bowl DVD and played "baseball," the greatest drinking game ever (coming to stores near you as soon as we patent it and start mass production). We then stepped out into the 15-degree weather and walked downtown to the bars. Why does 20 degrees seem lethal in DC, but quite pleasant here in NH? Anyway, I could recap every nite I've been to the bar over the past week, but that would be boring. In fact, I'm not even sure why I wrote this paragraph. But I did, and I'm not erasing it.

Right now I'm enjoying my parents' high-speed internet, which they purchased last month. Gone is that unbelievably annoying sound of connecting through dial-up. Gone are the hours it took to download two songs (legally, of course). My mom is watching The Price is Right while she irons in the living room. My dad is in the kitchen reading the paper, wearing a button-down shirt and grey briefs (nothing else). Thankfully you forget how weird your family is after being away for long periods of time.

My dad just went into the bathroom, which is connected to the computer room (where I currently sit). And he's now letting the snakes outta the zoo. The walls are so thin in this old house. I always have to turn music on when someone's pooping; it's tough to concentrate when you can hear everything goin on in the bathroom (things dropping, bodily noises, etc.). Ahhh, it's good to be home. Now if you'll excuse me, I must go buy some champagne goggles for Sat. nite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home