NoSalesTax

Two Elon alumni (2002) have pooled their talents to bring excitement and joy to your day. One is a classy woman who combines her Italian and feminine powers to influence men of all shapes and sizes. The other is a tall blond man who relies on wit and boyish good looks to impress women, especially when they're drunk. Join them in their epic pursuit of the phenomenon known as adulthood. NoSalesTax side effects may include addiction and abrupt laughter as colleagues look on in confused jealousy.

Monday, December 27, 2004

Also Being Home

This holiday I took a big step into what I consider adult-hood. This is the first Christmas that I spent some of the holiday with my family and some of the holiday with the family of my significant other…..obviously not just any significant other….but “the one”.
We spent a lot of time in the car. Our families live about 2 hours away from each other. So, we spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my family, drove up to Jersey, spent Christmas day and part of the next day at his family’s house…..And then, in what could be called the event of the year, my boyfriend, his parents and I drove back to my parents house so our families could meet. Dum dum dummmmmm!!!!!!!
It went rather well. When we pulled up to the house I saw my younger sister and grandmother looking out one of the windows. The court was full of cars- it looked like my parents invited a few extra people to our annual party. Oh no, was it my weird cousin? Was it my loud, obnoxious uncle? Was it someone sent to embarass me and talk about my childhood years of big ears, bad hair and nerdy leggins?
I took a deep breath, put a smile on my face, and proceeded into the madness, introducing a slew of Tony’s Louie’s, Bobby’s, Nicky’s some more Tony’s and a few Connie’s.
I rustled the group into the living room, a smaller, less crowded room where we could eat and talk to my own parents. Many followed. We ended up with a group of about 15 going back and forth about Jersey, Italy, baseball, what a “good boy” my boyfriend is, and how cute he must have looked playing Jesus in a church production. Dessert, coffee and many kisses followed, then the departure.
Over all, I feel like it was a success- only one weird outburst from my socially awkward grandmother and plenty of hugs from my favorite one. Everyone left with a smile on their face.
Am I really this old? Did I really just introduce my parents to the family that will one day be a part of my own? When did I grow up?
And what am I doing for New Years Eve?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home